The Apprise Readmissions Analysis Tool is an excel-based tool that allows each hospital to analyze its potentially preventable readmissions (PPR) from many different perspectives.
Administrators often want to view readmissions from a hospital or service line level. Quality managers need DRG-level readmissions rates for quality improvement initiatives. Case managers must to be able to analyze individual patients that have been readmitted for hospital-acquired conditions. These are all possible using the Apprise Readmissions Analysis Tool.
The tool allows you to:
- Track PPRs attributable to each hospital even when the patient is readmitted to another hospital
- Analyze case-level information on potentially preventable readmissions
- View PPR rates and observed-to-expected ratios, as well as comparisons to benchmarks for every increasing level of granularity
- Sort and highlight PPRs by service line, DRG, payer, attending physician, admission source, discharge status, and individual patient
- Highlight the areas of highest readmission in each hospital and allow each user to prioritize based on their own criteria.
We recently led a webinar outlining how to use the Readmission Analysis Tool; you can view that video on the right.
To access your Readmission Analysis Tool and other reports for your hospital, log in to the Apprise Secure Portal using the link below.
If you do not know if you have access, or want to know who has access in your hospital, fill out the Get Started form